Weekend

As the to-do lists pile up, I long for the weekend. Time to sleep, to sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and just be. But the to-do list still sits there, so many things asking for attention. I pretend to ignored the calls to organize what is important and toss what is not, to meal plan and book flights, to check homework that was actually due on Friday but is still in my boy’s backpack. But there it all is…piling up as it becomes too many to complete even if I had week off and not just 2 days.

But here I sit, on the porch, sipping my coffee and watching birds build nests in the olive tree in the back yard. Just 10 more minutes of peace, before the to do list takes over.

3 thoughts on “Weekend”

1. That sounds like it could be a rejuvenating ten minutes worth soaking in. I bet you’ll still knock a few items off that list. Maybe reward yourself with another ten minutes. 🙂

2. I know there are the to do list but sometime the best thing we can do for ourselves is to take that 10 minutes to enjoy the world around us! Sounds like a wise move to me!

3. I have the same ‘approach avoidance’ to to-do lists! Is there anything better than sitting outside watching birds? I don’t think so!